Welcome to Yoga Bradford online! Here you will find some guidance for some of the fundamental elements of a rounded yoga practice including; mindfulness meditation, breathing techniques and sun salutations as well as some gentle classes.
What to expect in each class:
- We will start each class with a short mindfulness meditation to connect with our breath and allow the mind to settle.
- Following this we will learn and practise some physical postures (asanas), including Sun Salutations to build heat and strength, followed by some seated postures to develop flexibility. Modifications/alternative postures will be offered to ensure you can practise safely and choose the best pose to suit you.
- Finally we will rest in Savasana to calm and relax the mind and body, leaving you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
To ensure you get maximum enjoyment from the class, there are a few things that will help you prepare:
- Wear comfortable clothing that you can easily move in; nothing too tight or restrictive
- Ideally you should practise yoga on an empty stomach (e.g. 3 hours after food)
- Have some warm clothing to wear for the relaxation at the end of the class
- If you have any illness or injuries, check with your GP to make sure you are safe to practise
Yoga changed my life, which is why I love to share my experience to pass the gift on. As such, these online classes are free to use as many times and as often as you like. I am forever a yoga student; I am keen to continue to develop my yoga knowledge and incorporate this into my teaching. As such. if you have the means and should you wish to make a donation (pay as you feel) then all donations are humbly and gratefully received. Your kind generosity will support me to continue to share yoga with you and to keep the classes (and your practice!) fresh.
Peace, love and light, Angela x
Focus: Ujjaji Pranayama (Victorious breath control)
Length: 10 mins
In this session we’ll explore ujjaji pranayama, a smooth soft sighing breath used in dynamic styles of yoga such as Ashtanga and Vinyasa flow, to bring a balance of energy and calm.